Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Management, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran.
Department of Applied Mathematic, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran.
Air traffic management is an important job and often faces various problems. One of the most common problems in this area is the issue of aircraft sequencing, which is a multi-dimensional problem due to the large number of flights and their different positional conditions. Previously proposed models were based on First Come, First Service (FCFS) have not considered the time factor, resulting in increased delay penalties. In this regard, this article proposes a model in which the time factor is one of the factors that is managed and additional costs due to delay will be eliminated. This paper proposed the Multi-Objective Grey Wolf Optimization (MOGWO) algorithm to evaluate three objective functions such as the airport runway efficiency, the apron and parking costs, and the fuel consumption costs. The proposed algorithm compared with well- known NSGA-II (non–dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm). The obtain results represented that in the case of using all the data for the first, second and third-objective function, MOGWO performs better than NSGA-II. The brilliant results demonstrated the superiority of the proposed model. In this study, using the proposed model, the data set of Shahid Hasheminejad International Airport in Mashhad was analyzed.
- Khalili, N., Shahnazari Shahrezaei, P., & Abri, A. G. (2020). A multi-objective optimization approach for a nurse scheduling problem considering the fatigue factor (case study: Labbafinejad Hospital). Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(4), 396-423.
- Ghobadi, A., Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R., Fallah, M., & Kazemipoor, H. (2021). Multi-depot electric vehicle routing problem with fuzzy time windows and pickup/delivery constraints. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 8(1), 1-18.
- El-Shorbagy, M. A., Mousa, A. A. A., ALoraby, H., & Abo-Kila, T. (2020). Evolutionary algorithm for multi-objective multi-index transportation problem under fuzziness. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(1), 36-56.
- Yu, S. P., Cao, X. B., & Zhang, J. (2011). A real-time schedule method for Aircraft Landing Scheduling problem based on Cellular Automation. Applied soft computing, 11(4), 3485-3493.
- Harikiopoulo, D., & Neogi, N. (2004, September). Polynomial time feasibility condition for multi-class aircraft sequencing on a single runway airport. AIAA 1st intelligent systems technical conference(p. 6547). https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2004-6547
- Saraf, A. P., & Slater, G. L. (2006, March). An efficient combinatorial optimization algorithm for optimal scheduling of aircraft arrivals at congested airports. 2006 IEEE aerospace conference(pp. 11-pp). IEEE.
- Chandran, B., & Balakrishnan, H. (2007, July). A dynamic programming algorithm for robust runway scheduling. 2007 American control conference(pp. 1161-1166). IEEE.
- Mokhtarimousavi, S., Talebi, D., & Asgari, H. (2018). A non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm approach for optimization of multi-objective airport gate assignment problem. Transportation research record, 2672(23), 59-70.
- Soykan, B., & Rabadi, G. (2016). A tabu search algorithm for the multiple runway aircraft scheduling problem. In Heuristics, metaheuristics and approximate methods in planning and scheduling(pp. 165-186). Springer, Cham. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-26024-2_9
- Lieder, A., & Stolletz, R. (2016). Scheduling aircraft take-offs and landings on interdependent and heterogeneous runways. Transportation research part E: logistics and transportation review, 88, 167-188.
- Lieder, A., Briskorn, D., & Stolletz, R. (2015). A dynamic programming approach for the aircraft landing problem with aircraft classes. European journal of operational research, 243(1), 61-69.
- Ma, J., Delahaye, D., Sbihi, M., Scala, P., & Mota, M. A. M. (2019). Integrated optimization of terminal maneuvering area and airport at the macroscopic level. Transportation research part C: emerging technologies, 98, 338-357.
- Kwasiborska, A. (2017). Sequencing landing aircraft process to minimize schedule length. Transportation research procedia, 28, 111-116.
- Insaurralde, C. C., & Blasch, E. (2016, September). Ontological knowledge representation for avionics decision-making support. 2016 IEEE/AIAA 35th digital avionics systems conference (DASC)(pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Hancerliogullari, G., Rabadi, G., Al-Salem, A. H., & Kharbeche, M. (2013). Greedy algorithms and metaheuristics for a multiple runway combined arrival-departure aircraft sequencing problem. Journal of air transport management, 32, 39-48.
- Beasley, J. E., Krishnamoorthy, M., Sharaiha, Y. M., & Abramson, D. (2000). Scheduling aircraft landings—the static case. Transportation science, 34(2), 180-197.
- Beasley, J. E., Sonander, J., & Havelock, P. (2001). Scheduling aircraft landings at London Heathrow using a population heuristic. Journal of the operational research society, 52(5), 483-493.
- Hu, X. B., & Chen, W. H. (2005). Genetic algorithm based on receding horizon control for arrival sequencing and scheduling. Engineering applications of artificial intelligence, 18(5), 633-642.
- Hu, X. B., & Di Paolo, E. (2008). Binary-representation-based genetic algorithm for aircraft arrival sequencing and scheduling. IEEE Transactions on intelligent transportation systems, 9(2), 301-310.
- Liu, Y. H. (2011). A genetic local search algorithm with a threshold accepting mechanism for solving the runway dependent aircraft landing problem. Optimization letters, 5(2), 229-245.
- Alligier, R., & Gianazza, D. (2018). Learning aircraft operational factors to improve aircraft climb prediction: A large scale multi-airport study. Transportation research part C: emerging technologies, 96, 72-95.
- Kim, Y. J. (2017). A deep learning and parallel simulation methodology for air traffic management(Doctoral dissertation, Georgia Institute of Technology). Retrieved from https://smartech.gatech.edu/handle/1853/59180
- Mirjalili, S., Saremi, S., Mirjalili, S. M., & Coelho, L. D. S. (2016). Multi-objective grey wolf optimizer: a novel algorithm for multi-criterion optimization. Expert systems with applications, 47, 106-119.
- El Hatri, C., & Boumhidi, J. (2018). Fuzzy deep learning based urban traffic incident detection. Cognitive systems research, 50, 206-213.
- Oza, S., Sharma, S., Sangoi, H., Raut, R., & Kotak, V. C. (2015). Flight delay prediction system using weighted multiple linear regression. International journal of engineering and computer science, 4(4), 11668-11677.
- Samà, M., D’Ariano, A., D’Ariano, P., & Pacciarelli, D. (2015). Air traffic optimization models for aircraft delay and travel time minimization in terminal control areas. Public transport, 7(3), 321-337.
- Chen, J., Chen, L., & Sun, D. (2017). Air traffic flow management under uncertainty using chance-constrained optimization. Transportation research part B: methodological, 102, 124-141.
- Takeichi, N., Kaida, R., Shimomura, A., & Yamauchi, T. (2017). Prediction of delay due to air traffic control by machine learning. AIAA modeling and simulation technologies conference(p. 1323). https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2017-1323
- Dilip, L., Bhesdadiya, R., Trivedi, I., & Jangir, P. (2018). Optimal power flow problem solution using multi-objective grey wolf optimizer algorithm. In Intelligent communication and computational technologies(pp. 191-201). Springer, Singapore. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-5523-2_18
- Ghorashi, S. B., Hamedi, M., & Sadeghian, R. (2020). Modeling and optimization of a reliable blood supply chain network in crisis considering blood compatibility using MOGWO. Neural computing and applications, 32(16), 12173-12200.
- Mokhtarimousavi, S., Rahami, H., & Kaveh, A. (2015). Multi-objective mathematical modeling of aircraft landing problem on a runway in static mode, scheduling and sequence determination using NSGA-II. Iran university of science & technology, 5(1), 21-36.