Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Management, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, East Azerbaijan, Iran.
The business process turbulence and the increasing competition among business firms have made the environment around organizations much different than before. Knowing the future business paths and moving in their direction in a way that benefits the organization indicates the necessity of marketing research and concepts such as market-centric. This study aims to evaluate the impact of market-centric on organizational performance by emphasizing the mediating role of organizational innovation in the value chain and provide a model for it. This research is a descriptive-survey study. Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) technique has been used to evaluate the significance of regression weight (factor loading) of different constructs of the questionnaire in predicting the relevant items. LISREL statistical analysis software has been used to test the research hypotheses and analysis of structural equations. The statistical population of the study is all managers and employees working in the value chain of poultry industry in Kurdistan province, which 205 samples have been selected based on Cochran's formula. The results of data analysis indicate that the relationship between customer-centric and inter-task coordination with organizational innovation as well as the relationship between pivotal competition and organizational innovation with the financial performance of the organization was confirmed. There is no significant relationship between pivotal competition and organizational innovation, as well as between customer-centric and inter-task coordination with financial performance of the organization. Finally, some suggestions have been made to improve the performance of the poultry industry.
- Abzari, M., & Ranjbarian, B., Fathi, S., & Ghorbani, H. (2009). The impact of internal marketing on market-centric and organizational performance in the hotel industry. Journal of management perspective, 31, 25-42. (In Persian). http://ensani.ir/fa/article/19920/
- Saeedi Kia, M. (2010). Principles and foundations of entrepreneurship. Kia Publications. (In Persian). https://www.adinehbook.com/gp/product/9648256179
- Ghaffari Darab, M., Yarmohammadian, M. H., Khorasani, E., & Alaghmandak, H. (2004). The role of value chain in improving the health care quality. Health information management journal. 11(6), 799-811. (In Persian). http://him.mui.ac.ir/index.php/him/article/view/1822
- Zarei, A., Feyz, D., Zangian, S., & Akbarzadeh, M. (2015). The effect of market-centric on financial performance with emphasis on the role of organizational entrepreneurship. Journal of business management perspective, 14(25), 117-132. (In Persian). https://jbmp.sbu.ac.ir/article_96220.html
- McGivern, M. H. & Tvorik, S. J. (1997). Determinants of organizational performance. Management decision, 35(6), 417-435. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251749710173797
- Kulkarni, M., & Malhotra, V. (2015). A study on Disclosure of Intangible assets in 5 star hotels in Bangalore. Atna journal of tourism studies, 10(2), 17-31.
- Bhatt, G. D., & Emdad, A. F. (2001). An analysis of the virtual value chain in electronic commerce. Logistics information management, 14, 1/2, 78-85. https://doi.org/10.1108/09576050110362465
- Wiengarten, F., Fynes, B., Humphreys, P., Chavez, R. C., & McKittrick, A. (2011). Assessing the value creation process of e‐business along the supply chain. Supply chain management: an international journal, 16(4), 207-219. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598541111139035
- Porbar, S., Hoseinzadeh, O., & Hajjarian, M. (2017). Prioritization of poplar wood processing industries in the Kurdistan province with the aim of poplar wood value chain upgrading. Iranian journal of wood and paper science research, 32(2), 181-192. (In Persian). DOI: 22092/ijwpr.2017.109576
- Chaminade, C., & Vang, J. (2008). Upgrading in Asian clusters: rethinking the importance of interactive learning. Science, technology and society, 13(1), 61-94. DOI: 1177/097172180701300103
- Farfan, O. (2005). Understanding and escaping commodity-dependency: a globalvalue Chain Perspective’, prepared for the investment climate unit international financecorporation. Retrieved from http://www.cggc.duke.edu/pdfs/093005_Farfan_Commodity_Dependency_Uma_WB.pdf
- Maleki Minbashrazgah, M., Amini Khiabani, G., & Khansari, Y. (2019). Value creation for marketing capacities; articulating entrepreneurship orientation and market orientation interactions: the mediating role of innovative approach. Journal of business management, 11(1), 87-104. (In Persian). https://jibm.ut.ac.ir/article_69943_52e290e0c4fb9f999fa6c39f64db615c.pdf
- Bahreini, K., & Houshangi, M. (2010). Investigating and analysis the role of quality management in constructing knowledge management value chain in organization. Journal of management futures research (journal of management research), 20(83), 99-120. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/en/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=220915
- Hosein Zadeh, O. (2015). Analysis of poplar process value chain in western Azerbaijan province aims to upgrading. Iranian journal of wood and paper industries, 6(1), 41-52. http://www.ijwp.ir/article_12527.html?lang=en
- Andrews, K. R. (1971). The concept of corporate strategy. In McKiernan (Ed.), The concept of corporate strategy (pp. 18-46). Richard d Irwin.
- Hamelink, M., & Opdenakker, R. (2019). How business model innovation affects firm performance in the energy storage market. Renewable energy, 131, 120-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.07.051
- Rahimpour, K., Shirouyehzad, H., & Karbasian, M. (2016). The evaluation of the organization unit performance based on the intellectual capital and the organizational commitment with DEA: case study of a manufacturing company. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 3(1 (4)), 1-14. (In Persian). http://www.journal-aprie.com/article_42094.html
- Porter, M. E. (2011). Competitive advantage of nations: creating and sustaining superior performance. Simon and Schuster.
- Ajripour, I., Asadpour, M., & Tabatabaie, L. (2019). A model for organization performance management applying MCDM and BSC: a case study. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 6(1), 52-70. http://www.journal-aprie.com/article_83034.html
- Hassanzadeh, R., & Asghari, H. (2020). Identification and ranking of affecting factors on sales and operations planning (S&OP) process implementation by using fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS approach (case study: dairy industry). Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(1), 57-78. http://www.journal-aprie.com/article_106125_0.html
- Ho, K. L. P., Nguyen, C. N., Adhikari, R., Miles, M. P., & Bonney, L. (2018). Exploring market orientation, innovation, and financial performance in agricultural value chains in emerging economies. Journal of innovation & knowledge, 3(3), 154-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jik.2017.03.008
- Lotfi, R., Mehrjerdi, Y. Z., Pishvaee, M. S., Sadeghieh, A., & Weber, G. W. (2021). A robust optimization model for sustainable and resilient closed-loop supply chain network design considering conditional value at risk. Numerical algebra, control & optimization, 11(2), 221.
- Lotfi, R., Yadegari, Z., Hosseini, S. H., Khameneh, A. H., Tirkolaee, E. B., & Weber, G. W. (2020). A robust time-cost-quality-energy-environment trade-off with resource-constrained in project management: a case study for a bridge construction project. Journal of industrial & management optimization. 18(1), 375-396. DOI: 3934/jimo.2020158
- Lotfi, R., Nayeri, M., Sajadifar, S., & Mardani, N. (2017). Determination of start times and ordering plans for two-period projects with interdependent demand in project-oriented organizations: a case study on molding industry. Journal of project management, 2(4), 119-142. DOI:5267/j.jpm.2017.9.001
- Narver, J. C., & Slater, S. F. (1990). The effect of a market orientation on business profitability. Journal of marketing, 54(4), 20-35.
- Porter, M. E. (2001). The value chain and competitive advantage. In D. Barnes (Ed), Understanding business processes (pp. 50-66). Routledge.
- Hult, G. T. M., Ketchen Jr, D. J., & Nichols Jr, E. L. (2002). An examination of cultural competitiveness and order fulfillment cycle time within supply chains. Academy of management Journal, 45(3), 577-586.