Document Type : Research Paper
Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Research Center, Semnan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Semnan, Iran.
The present research aims to design a model for the creation and development of knowledge-based cooperative companies in Semnan province by a mixed qualitative-quantitative approach. The qualitative approach was based on grounded theory and the quantitative approach was based on structural equation analysis. In terms of purpose, this research is an applied study, and in terms of method, it is a descriptive survey study. The population includes the knowledge-based companies of Semnan province. Out of the mentioned data collection was done by library studies and semi-structured interviews in the qualitative phase and questionnaire in the quantitative phase. In the qualitative phase, the factors and the data obtained from the interviews were analyzed by Atlas. ti8 and grounded theory coding proposed by Strass and Corbin. The components and indicators of the creation and development of knowledge-based cooperative companies were identified on this basis. In the quantitative phase, Lisrel software and IBM SPSS statistics. The 26 software were used to apply the interpretive structural equation for developing the final research model. The findings include the indicators of components of creation, and development of knowledge-based cooperative companies in Semnan province and the model proposed for this purpose. The most important of these components: education and research, technology, management strategies and policy-making, new platforms and infrastructures, expansion of knowledge application, knowledge-based innovation and creativity.
- Ahmadi Joshaqani, A., & Ismailian, Gh. (2015). Evaluating the prioritization of factors affecting the improvement of small and medium-sized knowledge-based company's strategy formulation using the Anp model for the study of companies based in Isfahan Science and Research Town. Management of tomorrow, 14(43), 111-120. (In Persian). https://ecc.isc.ac/showJournal/2022/88550/1157965
- Nonaka, I., & Takeuchi, H. (2007). The knowledge-creating company. Harvard business review, 85(7/8), 162.
- Rahmani Seresht, H., & SimarAsl, N. (2009). Knowledge management approaches and the model of knowledge gaps in the technology age. Technology development quarterly, 5(20), 41-48. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=102883
- Montazeri Shoorkachali, J., & Yousefi, H. (2014). The role of knowledge management in the commercialization of academic research with the Delphi approach. The second international conference on management of challenges and strategies (ICMEP02), Hamaish Nagar Scientific Conference Center, Shiraz. (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/378927/
- Barkhordari, S., & Azimi, N. A. (2010). Identifying the foundations of the Foundation's knowledge economy. Scientific policy research center of the country. (In Persian). https://www.gisoom.com
- Nazemi, A., & Pakzad, M. (2015). Guide to knowledge-based companies: from requesting knowledge-based approval to receiving facilities. Publications of azad higher education publishing institut (In Persian). https://www.adinehbook.com/gp/product/6009494117
- Roed, I. (2016). Disentangling the family firm’s innovation process: a systematic review. Journal of family business strategy, 7(3), 185-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfbs.2016.08.004
- Hsu, C. H., Chang, A. Y., & Luo, W. (2017). Identifying key performance factors for sustainability development of SMEs–integrating QFD and fuzzy MADM methods. Journal of cleaner production, 161, 629-645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.05.063
- Mohammadi, , Parvinnejad, F., Vahid Moghadam, N., & Yousefian, V. (2014). Identification and evaluation of the performance of knowledge-based export companies. Fourth international conference and eighth national conference on technology management (ICMEP-04(, Iranian Technology Management Association, Tehran. (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/336426/
- Lillies, P. (2001). Case study of a knowledge-based organization (Master of Distance Education thesis, University of Athabasca). Retrieved from https://dt.athabascau.ca/jspui/handle/10791/120
- Amani Tehran, M., & Ahmad Amini, Z. (2011). Analyzing the horizons of academic knowledge-based companies and preventive solutions. Scientific journal promoting studies in the world of color, 1(1), 19-24. (In Persian). https://elmnet.ir
- Kumar, V. (2003). International marketing research. Prentice-Hall.
- Shane, S., & Venkataraman, S. (2003). Guest editors’ introduction to the special issue on technology entrepreneurship. Research policy, 32(2), 181-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(02)00104-X
- Shankar, R., Gupta, A., & Narain, R. (2003). Strategic planning for knowledge management implementation in engineering firms. Work study, 52(4), 190-200. https://doi.org/10.1108/00438020310479036
- Zack, M. H. (2003). Rethinking the knowledge-based organization. MIT Sloan management review, 44(4), 67-72.
- Sveiby, K. E. (2001). A knowledge‐based theory of the firm to guide in strategy formulation. Journal of intellectual capital, 2(4), 344-358. https://doi.org/10.1108/14691930110409651
- Samadi, S., Kolahdoozan, A., & Esfandiari, M. (2008), Technology clusters and their functions in creating the flow of technology trade in the country. Technology growth quarterly, 4(14), 27-33. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/Journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=96360
- Talebi, K., & Zare Yekta, M. R. (2008). University entrepreneurship education and its role in the creation and development of knowledge-based small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Journal of entrepreneurship development, 1(1), 111-131. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=83297
- Chase, R. L. (1997). The knowledge‐based organization: an international survey. Journal of knowledge management, 1(1), 38-49. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004578
- Bagheri, A., Boushehri, A., & Nasri, A. (2020). Investigating the role of governmental supports in the formation of knowledge-based enterprises strategies in dealing with the COVID-19 implications. Science and technology policy letters, 10(2), 19-39. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/Journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=534163
- Arab elah firozja, N., Fallah, V., & Saffarian, S. (2020). Designing a model for creating knowledge-based companies through SWOT strategic analysis approach (case study: universities of medical sciences in mazandaran province). Scientific journal of strategic management of organizational knowledge, 3(8), 175-205.
- Roumezi, H., Hosseinpour, M., Bahmei, L., & Nasiri, M. (2020). Designing a model for the creation and development of knowledge-based companies in human sciences’ fields. Library and information sciences, 22(4), 119-151. DOI: 30481/lis.2019.186946.1581
- Saedi, A., Sepahvand, R., Mousavi, N., & Hakkak, M. (2019). Designing and explaining human resource knowledge architecture model in knowledge-based organizations. Journal of research in human resources management, 11(3), 37-68. (In Persian). https://hrmj.ihu.ac.ir/article_204839.html?lang=en
- Kiani, M., Rajabipour Meybodi, A., Zamzam, F., & Moftehzadeh, E. (2019). Interpretive structural modeling of the challenges of knowledge-based companies based in science and technology parks. Monthly achievements in humanities studies, 2(19), 53-69. (In Persian). https://www.noormags.ir/view/fa/magazine/number/111092
- Dorostkar Ahmadi, N., & Golshahi, B. (2019). Identification and ranking of elements of comprehensive reward package for future knowledge employees (case study: defense companies based on defense industry). Journal of defense futurology, 4(15), 85-107. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?ID=541856
- Yahiaei, M., Hasanzadeh, A. (2018). Presentation a technology commercialization model in ICT Knowledge base companies. Journal of investment knowledge, 7(26), 63-82. (In Persian). https://jik.srbiau.ac.ir/article_12601.html
- Mirghfouri, S. H., Morvati Sharifabadi, A., & Zahedi, A. (2018). Designing an integrated model for developing the level of innovation and commercialization of knowledge-based companies in Iran. Scientific quarterly innovation and creativity research in humanities, 7(4), 142- 107. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=360751
- Ali Porterbati, Z., Afrasiabi, R., & Esmailnia, K. (2017). Commercialization of university research results in knowledge-based economics. The first national conference on knowledge-based urban planning and architecture (ICMEP01), Tehran. (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/641169/
- Khayatian, M. S., Eliassy, M., & Tabatabaeian, S. H. (2016). Sustainability model of knowledge-based companies in Iran. Journal of science and technology policy, 9(2), 49 -62. (In Persian). https://jstp.nrisp.ac.ir/article_12953.html
- Sarvari, Z. (2012). Presenting a conceptual model of knowledge-based companies. National conference on entrepreneurship and management of knowledge-based businesses (ICMEP01), Mazandaran University, Babolsar. (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/174890/
- Akbarzadeh, N., & Shafizadeh, E. (2012). Government review in improving the creation and development of business and knowledge-based work. Quarterly journal of growth and technology, 9(33), 46-53. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=194213
- Allahyari Fard, N., & Abbasi, R. (2011). Study of the appropriate model of organizational structure of knowledge-based companies. Quarterly journal of parks and growth centers, 8(29), 47-54. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/Journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=158087
- Avazpour, N., Mosleh Shirazi, A. N. (2019). Evaluating the characteristics of knowledge-based companies. 5th international conference on innovation, development and business, (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/773224/
- Leal Filho, W., Morgan, E. A., Godoy, E. S., Azeiteiro, U. M., Bacelar-Nicolau, P., Ávila, L. V., ... & Hugé, J. (2018). Implementing climate change research at universities: barriers, potential and actions. Journal of cleaner production, 170, 269-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.09.105
- Yaghoubi, N. M., Pahlavani, M., & Parsaei, F. (2017). Identifying and ranking development drivers of knowledge-based technology-driven companies (case study: Fars province science and technology park). International journal of business and development studies, 9(2), 85-113. https://ijbds.usb.ac.ir/article_3706.html
- Westerberg, K., Hjelte, J., Brännström, J., & Hyvönen, U. (2012). The meaning of a knowledge-based organization in Swedish municipal elderly care. Social work education, 31(4), 465-484. https://doi.org/10.1080/02615479.2011.563289
- Wennberg, K., Wiklund, J., & Wright, M. (2011). The effectiveness of university knowledge spillovers: performance differences between university spinoffs and corporate spinoffs. Research policy, 40(8), 1128-1143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2011.05.014
- Cantu, F. J., Bustani, A., Molina, A., & Moreira, H. (2009). A knowledge‐based development model: the research chair strategy. Journal of knowledge management, 13(1), 154-170. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270910931233
- Davis, S. (2009). Becoming a knowledgebase business. International journal of technology management, 14, 60-73.
- Gorman, G. G., & McCarthy, S. (2006). Business development support and knowledge-based businesses. The journal of technology transfer, 31(1), 131-143. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-005-5026-2
- Neagu, C.D. (2007). Knowledge based organization: an identification model. Proceedings of the IFIP international conference summer school on the future of identity in the information society (pp. 407-421), Springer, Boston, Massachusetts. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-79026-8_28
- Hajizadeh, E., Asghari, M. (2011). Methods and statistical analysis with a look at research methods in life and health sciences. University Jihad Publications. (In Persian). https://www.gisoom.com
- Strauss, A., & Corbin, J. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. Sage Publications
- Marquardt, M. J. (2002). Building the learning organization: mastering the 5 elements for corporate learning. UNKNO.
- Mousavi Bazargani, S. J. (2000). Growth center or Technology Park? Public or private? Quarterly journal of parks and growth and technology centers, 3(9), 30 - 33. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=98938
- Wu, L. C., Ong, C. S., & Hsu, Y. W. (2008). Knowledge-based organization evaluation. Decision support systems, 45(3), 541-549.
- Semnan University knowledge-based companies sold 96 billion rials worth of products. (In Persian). Retrieved Mach 23, 2021, from https://b2n.ir/n90384
- Rickne, A., Læstadius, S., & Etzkowitz, H. (Eds.). (2012). Innovation governance in an open economy. Taylor & Francis.