Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Accounting, West Tehran Branch Payame Noor University, Tehran, Iran.
Department of Accounting and Taxation, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE), Moscow, Russian Federation.
Considering the position of free zones in the country's commercial development, the present study identifies and ranks the factors affecting the attraction of domestic and foreign investments in the development of Iran's free trade zones and is customized in Amirabad port free zone. The present study is in the group of descriptive-survey research in terms of applied purpose and data collection method, which used statistical tests and Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) approach. In this regard, the statistical population of the study includes all actual and potential investors and managers of economic units located in the Amirabad Behshahr Free Zone, of which 385 people were analyzed using a questionnaire. The results obtained in the present study at the second level show that the first and the most important criteria is the management issues, followed by strategic planning, infrastructure, economic policies, laws and regulations, and finally location. Next, the most important factor is related to facilities and infrastructure, followed by the existence of natural resources and public budget allocation.
- Karimi Kia, A., & Moghadam, M. (2012). Investigating the factors of attracting investment in Arvand Free Zone. Economic journal-monthly review of economic issues and policies, 6, 5-28. (In Persian). http://ensani.ir/fa/article/download/315345
- Sangaiah, A. K., Goli, A., Tirkolaee, E. B., Ranjbar-Bourani, M., Pandey, H. M., & Zhang, W. (2020). Big data-driven cognitive computing system for optimization of social media analytics. IEEE access, 8, 82215-82226.
- Goli, A., Zare, H. K., Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R., & Sadeghieh, A. (2019). Hybrid artificial intelligence and robust optimization for a multi-objective product portfolio problem Case study: The dairy products industry. Computers & industrial engineering, 137, 106090. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2019.106090
- Esfandiari, A. A., Moghaddas Hosseinzadeh, S., Delavari, M. (2006). Evaluating the performance of Iran's free trade zones and its impact on the economic development of these areas. Comprehensive portal of humanities, 8(1), 119-146. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fileserver/jf/64513872805.pdf
- Didevari, S. A. (2011). Investigating the factors affecting investment attraction in Arvand free zone and prioritizing them using AHP mathematical technique (Master Thesis, Payame Noor University, Faculty of Management). (In Persian). Retrieved from https://www.virascience.com/thesis/533212/
- Azad, N., & Rostamnya, Y. (2012). Ranking important factors on information technology in development free zone markets: an AHP implementation. Management science letters, 2(4), 1359-1364.
- Behname, M. (2011). Studying the effect of foreign direct investment on economic growth in greater and traditional middle east countries. Economic analysis, 44(3-4), 35-43.
- Aggarwal, A. (2002). Liberalisation, multinational enterprises and export performance: evidence from Indian manufacturing. Journal of development studies, 38(3), 119-137.
- Alguacil, M., Cuadros, A., & Orts, V. (2011). Inward FDI and growth: the role of macroeconomic and institutional environment. Journal of policy modeling, 33(3), 481-496.
- Prasanna, N. (2010). Impact of foreign direct investment on export performance in India. Journal of social sciences, 24(1), 65-71.
- Mijiyawa, A. G. (2015). What drives foreign direct investment in Africa? an empirical investigation with panel data. African development review, 27(4), 392-402.
- Pegkas, P. (2015). The impact of FDI on economic growth in Eurozone countries. The journal of economic asymmetries, 12(2), 124-132.
- Mosusavi Zadeh, S. R., Mir, Y., & Jaani, M. (2016). Identifying and ranking factors influencing on investor attraction in Golestan province by means of fuzzy multi-index decision-making (FAHP). Modern applied science, 10(10), 1-37.
- Abdollahzadeh, A., & Mirbargkar, S. M. (2016). Evaluation of factors attracting inward investment in the free trade zone industrial Maku. Journal of current research in science, 2, 278. (In Persian). https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=93c0EPgAAAAJ
- Rasyid, M. (2017). Impact of the Free Trade Zone on Cigarette Consumption: An Examination of Indonesian Households. bus. econ. review, 2(4), 10-17.
- Chen, J., Wan, Z., Zhang, F., Park, N. K., Zheng, A., & Zhao, J. (2018). Evaluation and comparison of the development performances of typical free trade port zones in China. Transportation research part A: policy and practice, 118, 506-526.
- Fontalvo, T. J., De la Hoz, E. J., & Olivos, S. (2019). Data envelopment analysis methodology (DEA)-GLMNET for the evaluation and forecast of financial efficiency in an industrial free Zone-Colombia. Information technology, 30(5), 263-270.
- Mohamadzadeh, P., Pourmoradian, S., Feizizadeh, B., Sharifi, A., & Vogdrup-Schmidt, M. (2020). A GIS-based approach for spatially-explicit sustainable development assessments in East Azerbaijan Province, Iran. Sustainability, 12(24), 10413. https://doi.org/10.3390/su122410413
- Teixeira, L. C. (2020). Labor standards and social conditions in free trade zones: the case of the Manaus free trade zone. Economics, 14(1). https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.5018/economics-ejournal.ja.2020-19/html