Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, Qazvin Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qazvin, Iran.
This paper provides an integrated model for a two-stage assembly flow shop scheduling problem and distribution through vehicle routing in a soft time window. So, a mixed-integer linear programming (MILP) model has been proposed with the objective of minimizing the total cost of distribution, holding of products, and penalties of violating delivery time windows. To solve this problem, an improved meta-heuristic algorithm based on whale optimization algorithm (WOA) has been developed. A comparison of the integrated and non-integrated model in a case study of industrial gearboxes production shows that the integrated model compared to the non-integrated model has saved 15.6% and 13.6% in terms of delay time and total costs, respectively. Computational experiments also indicate the efficiency of improved WOA in converging to optimal solution and achieve better solution in comparison to the genetic algorithm (GA).
- Negri, M., Cagno, E., Colicchia, C., & Sarkis, J. (2021). Integrating sustainability and resilience in the supply chain: a systematic literature review and a research agenda. Business strategy and the environment, 30(7), 2858-2886.
- Burggräf, P., Wagner, J., Lück, K., & Adlon, T. (2017). Cost-benefit analysis for disruption prevention in low-volume assembly. Production engineering, 11, 331-342.
- Mohammadi, S., Al-e-Hashem, S. M., & Rekik, Y. (2020). An integrated production scheduling and delivery route planning with multi-purpose machines: a case study from a furniture manufacturing company. International journal of production economics, 219, 347-359.
- Wu, C. C., Gupta, J. N., Cheng, S. R., Lin, B. M., Yip, S. H., & Lin, W. C. (2021). Robust scheduling for a two-stage assembly shop with scenario-dependent processing times. International journal of production research, 59(17), 5372-5387.
- Wu, C. C., Zhang, X., Azzouz, A., Shen, W. L., Cheng, S. R., Hsu, P. H., & Lin, W. C. (2021). Metaheuristics for two-stage flow-shop assembly problem with a truncation learning function. Engineering optimization, 53(5), 843-866.
- Abdolazimi, O., Shishebori, D., Goodarzian, F., Ghasemi, P., & Appolloni, A. (2021). Designing a new mathematical model based on ABC analysis for inventory control problem: a real case study. RAIRO-operations research, 55(4), 2309-2335.
- Khanchehzarrin, S., Shahmizad, M., Mahdavi, I., Mahdavi-Amiri, N., & Ghasemi, P. (2021). A model for the time dependent vehicle routing problem with time windows under traffic conditions with intelligent travel times. RAIRO-Operations research, 55(4), 2203-2222.
- Potts, C. N., Sevast'Janov, S. V., Strusevich, V. A., Van Wassenhove, L. N., & Zwaneveld, C. M. (1995). The two-stage assembly scheduling problem: complexity and approximation. Operations research, 43(2), 346-355.
- Lee, C. Y., Cheng, T. C. E., & Lin, B. M. T. (1993). Minimizing the makespan in the 3-machine assembly-type flowshop scheduling problem. Management science, 39(5), 616-625.
- Allahverdi, A., & Al-Anzi, F. S. (2006). Evolutionary heuristics and an algorithm for the two-stage assembly scheduling problem to minimize makespan with setup times. International journal of production research, 44(22), 4713-4735.
- Tozkapan, A., Kırca, Ö., & Chung, C. S. (2003). A branch and bound algorithm to minimize the total weighted flowtime for the two-stage assembly scheduling problem. Computers & operations research, 30(2), 309-320.
- Allahverdi, A., & Aydilek, H. (2015). The two stage assembly flowshop scheduling problem to minimize total tardiness. Journal of intelligent manufacturing, 26, 225-237.
- Sung, C. S., & Kim, H. A. (2008). A two-stage multiple-machine assembly scheduling problem for minimizing sum of completion times. International journal of production economics, 113(2), 1038-1048.
- Koulamas, C., & Kyparisis, G. J. (2001). The three-stage assembly flowshop scheduling problem. Computers & operations research, 28(7), 689-704.
- Zhang, Z., & Tang, Q. (2021). Integrating flexible preventive maintenance activities into two-stage assembly flow shop scheduling with multiple assembly machines. Computers & industrial engineering, 159, 107493. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2021.107493
- Pourhejazy, P., Cheng, C. Y., Ying, K. C., & Lin, S. Y. (2021). Supply chain-oriented two-stage assembly flowshops with sequence-dependent setup times. Journal of manufacturing systems, 61, 139-154.
- Hatami, S., Ebrahimnejad, S., Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R., & Maboudian, Y. (2010). Two meta-heuristics for three-stage assembly flowshop scheduling with sequence-dependent setup times. Int j adv manuf technol, 50(9-12), 1153-1164.
- Andrés, C., & Hatami, S. (2011, September). The three stage assembly permutation flowshop scheduling problem. V international conference on industrial engineering and industrial management(pp. 867-875). http://adingor.es/congresos/web/uploads/cio/cio2011/metodos_cuantitativos/867-875.pdf
- Maleki-Darounkolaei, A., Modiri, M., Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R., & Seyyedi, I. (2012). A three-stage assembly flow shop scheduling problem with blocking and sequence-dependent set up times. Journal of industrial engineering international, 8, 1-7.
- Dalfard, V. M., Ardakani, A., & Banihashemi, T. N. (2011). Hybrid genetic algorithm for assembly flow-shop scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup and transportation times. Technical gazette, 18(4), 497-504.
- Mozdgir, A., Fatemi Ghomi, S. M. T., Jolai, F., & Navaei, J. (2013). Two-stage assembly flow-shop scheduling problem with non-identical assembly machines considering setup times. International journal of production research, 51(12), 3625-3642.
- Tian, Y., Liu, D., Yuan, D., & Wang, K. (2013). A discrete PSO for two-stage assembly scheduling problem. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 66, 481-499.
- Allahverdi, A., Aydilek, H., & Aydilek, A. (2016). Two-stage assembly scheduling problem for minimizing total tardiness with setup times. Applied mathematical modelling, 40(17-18), 7796-7815.
- Navaei, J., Ghomi, S. F., Jolai, F., Shiraqai, M. E., & Hidaji, H. (2013). Two-stage flow-shop scheduling problem with non-identical second stage assembly machines. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 69, 2215-2226.
- Shoaardebili, N., & Fattahi, P. (2015). Multi-objective meta-heuristics to solve three-stage assembly flow shop scheduling problem with machine availability constraints. International journal of production research, 53(3), 944-968.
- Komaki, G. M., & Kayvanfar, V. (2015). Grey Wolf Optimizer algorithm for the two-stage assembly flow shop scheduling problem with release time. Journal of computational science, 8, 109-120.
- Wang, K., Ma, W. Q., Luo, H., & Qin, H. (2016). Coordinated scheduling of production and transportation in a two-stage assembly flowshop. International journal of production research, 54(22), 6891-6911.
- Kazemi, H., Mazdeh, M. M., & Rostami, M. (2017). The two stage assembly flow-shop scheduling problem with batching and delivery. Engineering applications of artificial intelligence, 63, 98-107.
- Jung, S., Woo, Y. B., & Kim, B. S. (2017). Two-stage assembly scheduling problem for processing products with dynamic component-sizes and a setup time. Computers & industrial engineering, 104, 98-113.
- Wu, C. C., Chen, J. Y., Lin, W. C., Lai, K., Liu, S. C., & Yu, P. W. (2018). A two-stage three-machine assembly flow shop scheduling with learning consideration to minimize the flowtime by six hybrids of particle swarm optimization. Swarm and evolutionary computation, 41, 97-110.
- Goli, A., & Davoodi, S. M. R. (2018). Coordination policy for production and delivery scheduling in the closed loop supply chain. Production engineering, 12(5), 621-631.
- Basir, S. A., Mazdeh, M. M., & Namakshenas, M. (2018). Bi-level genetic algorithms for a two-stage assembly flow-shop scheduling problem with batch delivery system. Computers & industrial engineering, 126, 217-231.
- Yavari, M., & Isvandi, S. (2018). Integrated decision making for parts ordering and scheduling of jobs on two-stage assembly problem in three level supply chain. Journal of manufacturing systems, 46, 137-151.
- Luo, J., Liu, Z., & Xing, K. (2019). Hybrid branch and bound algorithms for the two-stage assembly scheduling problem with separated setup times. International journal of production research, 57(5), 1398-1412.
- Talens, C., Fernandez-Viagas, V., Perez-Gonzalez, P., & Framinan, J. M. (2020). New efficient constructive heuristics for the two-stage multi-machine assembly scheduling problem. Computers & industrial engineering, 140, 106223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2019.106223
- Lin, X., & Chen, J. (2021). Deep Reinforcement Learning for Dynamic Scheduling of Two-Stage Assembly Flowshop. Advances in swarm intelligence: International Conference on Swarm Intelligence, ICSI 2021(pp. 263-271). Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-78811-7_25
- Hosseini, S. M. H., Sana, S. S., & Rostami, M. (2022). Assembly flow shop scheduling problem considering machine eligibility restrictions and auxiliary resource constraints. International journal of systems science: operations & logistics, 9(4), 512-528.
- Masruroh, N. A., Fauziah, H. A., & Sulistyo, S. R. (2020). Integrated production scheduling and distribution allocation for multi-products considering sequence-dependent setups: a practical application. Production engineering, 14, 191-206.
- Mirjalili, S., & Lewis, A. (2016). The whale optimization algorithm. Advances in engineering software, 95, 51-67.
- Alinaghian, M., & Goli, A. (2017). Location, allocation and routing of temporary health centers in rural areas in crisis, solved by improved harmony search algorithm. International journal of computational intelligence systems, 10(1), 894-913.
- Tirkolaee, E. B., Goli, A., Hematian, M., Sangaiah, A. K., & Han, T. (2019). Multi-objective multi-mode resource constrained project scheduling problem using Pareto-based algorithms. Computing, 101, 547-570.
- Rashidi Komijan, A., Ghasemi, P., Khalili-Damghani, K., & HashemiYazdi, F. (2021). A new school bus routing problem considering gender separation, special students and mix loading: a genetic algorithm approach. Journal of optimization in industrial engineering, 14(2), 23-39.