Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khayyam University, Mashhad, Iran.
One of the stages of crisis management is planning and initial preparation to deal with the crisis. During natural disasters, one of the main activities is the logistics of relief groups and the activities of relief teams to save the lives of the victims of the accident. A review of past events shows that the chances of rescuing the injured decrease and that a quick and correct decision is important in this situation. This paper presents a two-phase hybrid approach to decision-making and prioritization of affected regions to send relief teams. In this approach, multi-criteria decision-making methods in two phases are used to consider different indicators in achieving the optimal solution. In the first phase, with the help of the primary decision matrix, the AHP, TOPSIS and AHP-TOPSIS methods are used. And in the second phase, according to the results obtained from the first phase, the secondary decision matrix is created. With the CoCoSo method's help, one of the newest methods in this field, areas are prioritized for relief. In order to implement the proposed approach, the city of Amol has been studied.
- Goli, A., Bakhshi, M., & Babaee Tirkolaee, E. (2017). A review on main challenges of disaster relief supply chain to reduce casualties in case of natural disasters. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 4(2), 77-88.
- Hosnavi, R., Nekooie, M. A., Khalili, S. M., & Tavakoli, A. (2019). A resilient supply portfolio considering political and disruption risks. International journal of industrial and systems engineering, 31(2), 209-249.
- Lamb, O. D., Lees, J. M., Malin, P. E., & Saarno, T. (2021). Audible acoustics from low-magnitude fluid-induced earthquakes in Finland. Scientific reports, 11(1), 1-8.
- Inpin, W. (2021). Local Transformation in Chiang Rai: The Roles of Administrative Organisation in Management and Preparedness for Earthquake. In social transformations in India, Myanmar, and Thailand: volume I(pp. 185-194). Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore.
- Hassel, H., & Cedergren, A. (2021). Integrating risk assessment and business impact assessment in the public crisis management sector. International journal of disaster risk reduction, 56, 102136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2021.102136
- Yariyan, P., Zabihi, H., Wolf, I. D., Karami, M., & Amiriyan, S. (2020). Earthquake risk assessment using an integrated Fuzzy analytic hierarchy process with artificial neural networks based on GIS: a case study of Sanandaj in Iran. International journal of disaster risk reduction, 50, 101705. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101705
- Jahangiri, K., Izadkhah, Y. O., Montazeri, A., & Hosseini, M. (2010). People’s perspectives and expectations on preparedness against earthquakes: Tehran case study. Journal of injury and violence research, 2(2), 85-91.
- Khalili, S. M., Babagolzadeh, M., Yazdani, M., Saberi, M., & Chang, E. (2016, September). A bi-objective model for relief supply location in post-disaster management. 2016 international conference on intelligent networking and collaborative systems (INCoS)(pp. 428-434). IEEE.
- Su, Z., Weng, X., & Zhang, L. (2015). Based on AHP and cluster analysis for classification method of emergency supplies. Proceedings of China modern logistics engineering(pp. 95-103). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Boostani, A., Jolai, F., & Bozorgi-Amiri, A. (2018). Optimal location selection of temporary accommodation sites in Iran via a hybrid fuzzy multiple-criteria decision making approach. Journal of urban planning and development, 144(4), 04018039. https://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000479
- Fiedrich, F., Gehbauer, F., & Rickers, U. (2000). Optimized resource allocation for emergency response after earthquake disasters. Safety science, 35(1-3), 41-57.
- Salmerón, J., & Apte, A. (2010). Stochastic optimization for natural disaster asset prepositioning. Production and operations management, 19(5), 561-574.
- Rawls, C. G., & Turnquist, M. A. (2011). Pre-positioning planning for emergency response with service quality constraints. OR spectrum, 33(3), 481-498.
- Gero, K., Aida, J., Shirai, K., Kondo, K., & Kawachi, I. (2021). Dispositional optimism and disaster resilience: a natural experiment from the 2011 great east Japan earthquake and tsunami. Social science & medicine, 273, 113777. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.113777
- Ortuño, M. T., Tirado, G., & Vitoriano, B. (2011). A lexicographical goal programming based decision support system for logistics of humanitarian Aid. Top, 19(2), 464-479.
- Bhandari, C., Dahal, R. K., & Timilsina, M. (2021). Disaster risk understanding of local people after the 2015 Gorkha Earthquake in Pokhara City, Nepal. Geoenvironmental disasters, 8(1), 1-19.
- Abdollahian, M. A., & Mahmoudzadeh, A. (2015). Define and prioritize the criteria for locating accommodation and relief centers from crisis management point of view using TOPSIS technique (case study: Sabzevar City). International journal of health system and disaster management, 3(4), 224-230.
- Yarmohammadian, M. H., Alavi, A., Ahmadi, F., Fatemi, M., & Moghadasi, M. (2016). An investigation of the status of preparedness and crisis management restrictions in hospitals of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. International journal of health system and disaster management, 4(2), 58-62.
- Hallak, J., & Pınar, M. İ. Ç. (2021). Multi criteria decision making approach to the evaluation of humanitarian relief warehouses integrating fuzzy logic: a case study in Syria. Avrupa bilim ve teknoloji dergisi, 22, 71-80.
- Abazari, S. R., Aghsami, A., & Rabbani, M. (2021). Prepositioning and distributing relief items in humanitarian logistics with uncertain parameters. Socio-economic planning sciences, 74, 100933. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seps.2020.100933
- Sarma, D., Das, A., Dutta, P., & Bera, U. K. (2020). A cost minimization resource allocation model for disaster relief operations with an information crowdsourcing-based MCDM approach. IEEE transactions on engineering management, 69(5), 2454-2474.
- Dachyar, M., & Nilasari, T. (2020). The improvement of disaster relief distribution by accommodating internet of things (IoT) real-time data. International journal of advanced science and technology, 29(7), 3654-3664.
- Pahlavani, P., & Badpa, M. (2020). Ranking urban residential areas against earthquake hazards using Shannon entropy AND Topsis techniques (cace study: Amol City). Environmental management hazards, 7(3), 225-239.
- Liu, Y., Li, L., Tu, Y., & Mei, Y. (2020). Fuzzy TOPSIS-EW method with multi-granularity linguistic assessment information for emergency logistics performance evaluation. Symmetry, 12(8), 1331. https://doi.org/10.3390/sym12081331
- Bozorgi-Amiri, A., & Asvadi, S. (2015). A prioritization model for locating relief logistic centers using analytic hierarchy process with interval comparison matrix. Knowledge-based systems, 86, 173-181.
- Nyimbili, P. H., Erden, T., & Karaman, H. (2018). Integration of GIS, AHP and TOPSIS for earthquake hazard analysis. Natural hazards, 92(3), 1523-1546.
- Shadkam, E., & Bijari, M. (2015). The optimization of bank branches efficiency by means of response surface method and data envelopment analysis: a case of Iran. The journal of Asian finance, economics and business, 2(2), 13-18.
- Gorjestani, M., Shadkam, E., Parvizi, M., & Aminzadegan, S. (2015). A hybrid COA-DEA method for solving multi-objective problems. International journal on computational science & applications, 5(4), 51-59.
- Parvizi, M., Shadkam, E., & Jahani, N. (2015). A hybrid COAε-constraint method for solving multi-objective problems. International journal in foundations of computer science & technology, 5(5), 27-40.
- Borhanifar, Z., & Shadkam, E. (2015). The new hybrid COAW method for solving multi-objective International journal in foundations of computer science & technology, 5(6), 15-22.
- Shadkam, E. (2014). FC approach in portfolio selection of Tehran's stock market. The journal of Asian finance, economics and business, 1(2), 31-37.
- Shadkam, E., & Bijari, M. (2017). Multi-objective simulation optimization for selection and determination of order quantity in supplier selection problem under uncertainty and quality criteria. The international journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 93(1), 161-173.
- Mirmozaffari, M., Shadkam, E., Khalili, S. M., Kabirifar, K., Yazdani, R., & Gashteroodkhani, T. A. (2021). A novel artificial intelligent approach: Comparison of machine learning tools and algorithms based on optimization DEA Malmquist productivity index for eco-efficiency evaluation. International journal of energy sector management, 15(3), 1-22.
- Azadeh, A., Sheikhalishahi, M., Khalili, S. M., & Firoozi, M. (2014). An integrated fuzzy simulation–fuzzy data envelopment analysis approach for optimum maintenance planning. International journal of computer integrated manufacturing, 27(2), 181-199.
- Azadeh, A., Sheikhalishahi, M., Firoozi, M., & Khalili, S. M. (2013). An integrated multi-criteria Taguchi computer simulation-DEA approach for optimum maintenance policy and planning by incorporating learning effects. International journal of production research, 51(18), 5374-5385.
- Mirmozaffari, M., Yazdani, R., Shadkam, E., Tavassoli, L. S., & Massah, R. (2021). VCS and CVS: new combined parametric and non-parametric operation research models. Sustainable operations and computers, 2, 36-56.
- Wind, Y., & Saaty, T. L. (1980). Marketing applications of the analytic hierarchy process. Management science, 26(7), 641-658.
- Vural, D., & Kose, E. (2020). Selection of alternative filling material in the bed production with AHP and ELECTRE methods. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(2), 163-176.
- Hassanzadeh, R., & Asghari, H. (2020). Identification and ranking of affecting factors on sales and operations planning (S&OP) process implementation by using fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS approach (case study: dairy industry). Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 7(1), 57-78.
- Ahmed, S. M., Karmaker, C. L., & Ahmed, M. (2019). Assessment of safety, health and environmental risk factors in garments industries of Bangladesh. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 6(3), 161-176.
- Hwang, C. L., & Yoon, K. (1981). Methods for multiple attribute decision making. In Multiple attribute decision making(pp. 58-191). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Mohamadabadi, Z. I., Azari, R., & Shadkam, E. (2017). Choosing the best optimization software with the multi-criteria decision-making approaches. International journal of advance robotics & expert systems, 1(2), 19-26.
- Mansory, A., Nasiri, A., & Mohammadi, N. (2021). Proposing an integrated model for evaluation of green and resilient suppliers by path analysis, SWARA and TOPSIS. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 8(2), 129-149.
- Shadkam, E., Khajooei, S., & Rajabi, R. (2021). The new TOPCO hybrid algorithm to solve multi-objective optimisation problems: the integrated stochastic problem of production-distribution planning in the supply chain. International journal of computational systems engineering, 6(3), 143-157.
- Yazdani, M., Zarate, P., Zavadskas, E. K., & Turskis, Z. (2018). A Combined Compromise Solution (CoCoSo) method for multi-criteria decision-making problems. Management decision, 57(9), 2501-2519.
- Sharma, D., Sridhar, S., & Claudio, D. (2020). Comparison of AHP-TOPSIS and AHP-AHP methods in multi-criteria decision-making problems. International journal of industrial and systems engineering, 34(2), 203-223.