Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Industrial Engineering, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Iran.
The airline industry plays a fundamental role in the economic and social development of societies and it also has an important impact on improving foreign trade. The airline industry is one of the main infrastructures for sustainable development of the country. The quality of the reverse engineering service of the airline industry will be effective in increasing the safety and health of structures, reducing the impact of disasters and reducing costs. The airline industry needs its own defined models to measure the quality of service which has the ability to assess the quality of the services of this industry. Purpose of this research is to present a developed SERVQUAL model to assess the quality of services in the air industry. The Developed Reverse Logistic Airline Service Quality (RL AIRQUAL) model was a descriptive and cross-sectional analysis of reverse-customer support services of six organizational units of the air industry company using a 35-item questionnaire with standard 5-point Likert scale and adjusted SERVQUAL in eight dimensions of tangibility, reliability, assurance, empathy, responsiveness, safety and security, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty dimensions. Data were analyzed by paired t-test using SPSS software. Based on the determination of reverse service support quality, the responsiveness had the highest gap and safety and security had the lowest gap. The results can be used to assess the competitive position of the organization and identifying opportunities for improving the airline industry. With the help of the results of the modified model evaluation, applicable and suitable solutions can be developed to improve customer satisfaction.
- Chonsalasin, D., Jomnonkwao, S., & Ratanavaraha, V. (2021). Measurement model of passengers’ expectations of airport service quality. International journal of transportation science and technology, 10(4), 342-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijtst.2020.11.001
- Shah, F. T., Syed, Z., Imam, A., & Raza, A. (2020). The impact of airline service quality on passengers’ behavioral intentions using passenger satisfaction as a mediator. Journal of air transport management, 85, 101815. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2020.101815
- Adabavazaeh, N., & Nikbakht, M. (2019, January). Interpretive structural modeling analysis of reverse supply chain critical success factors in air industry. 2019 15th Iran international industrial engineering conference (IIIEC)(pp. 99-105). IEEE. DOI: 1109/IIIEC.2019.8720737
- Woo, M. (2019). Assessing customer citizenship behaviors in the airline industry: investigation of service quality and value. Journal of air transport management, 76, 40-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2019.02.006
- Stamolampros, P., & Korfiatis, N. (2019). Airline service quality and economic factors: an ARDL approach on US airlines. Journal of air transport management, 77, 24-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2019.03.002
- Gupta, H. (2018). Evaluating service quality of airline industry using hybrid best worst method and VIKOR. Journal of air transport management, 68, 35-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2017.06.001
- Farooq, M. S., Salam, M., Fayolle, A., Jaafar, N., & Ayupp, K. (2018). Impact of service quality on customer satisfaction in Malaysia airlines: a PLS-SEM approach. Journal of air transport management, 67, 169-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2017.12.008
- Yimga, J. (2017). Airline on-time performance and its effects on consumer choice behavior. Research in transportation economics, 66, 12-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.retrec.2017.06.001
- Leonnard, L. (2018). The performance of SERVQUAL to measure service quality in private university. Journal on efficiency and responsibility in education and science, 11(1), 16-21.
- Pitt, L., Watson, R., King, R., Hartman, A., Hartzel, K., Papageorgiou, E., & Gerwing, T. (1994). Longitudinal measurement of service quality in information systems: a case study. ICIS 1994 proceedings, 46. https://aisel.aisnet.org/icis1994/46
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. Journal of marketing, 49(4), 41-50.
- Guide Jr, V. D. R., & Van Wassenhove, L. N. (2009). OR FORUM—the evolution of closed-loop supply chain research. Operations research, 57(1), 10-18.
- (n.d.). Logistic customer service - definition, elements, strategies. (In Polish). Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.templatka.pl/logistyczna-obsluga-klienta.html
- Coyle J. J., Bardi, E. L., & Langley, C. J. (2002). Logistics management. Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne SA. (In Polish).
- Zeithaml, V. A., Parasuraman, A., Berry, L. L., & Berry, L. L. (1990). Delivering quality service: Balancing customer perceptions and expectations. Simon and Schuster.
- Qolipour, M., Torabipour, A., Khiavi, F. F., & Malehi, A. S. (2018). Assessing medical tourism services quality using SERVQUAL model: a patient’s perspective. Iranian journal of public health, 47(1), 103-110.
- Naik, C. K., Gantasala, S. B., & Prabhakar, G. V. (2010). Service quality (SERVQUAL) and its effect on customer satisfaction in retailing. European journal of social sciences, 16(2), 231-243.
- Alotaibi, M. M. (2015). Evaluation of AIRQUAL scale for measuring airline service quality and its effect on customer satisfaction and loyalty (PhD Thesis, Crandfield University). Retrieved from http://dspace.lib.cranfield.ac.uk/handle/1826/9651
- Yousapronpaiboon, K. (2014). SERVQUAL: measuring higher education service quality in Thailand. Procedia-social and behavioral sciences, 116, 1088-1095. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.01.350
- Kramarz, M. (2014). Elementy logistyczne obsługi klienta w sieciach dystrybucji. Pomiar, ocena, strategie. Difin SA. https://depot.ceon.pl/handle/123456789/5214
- Kułyk, P., Michałowska, M., & Kotylak, S. (2017). Assessment of customer satisfaction with logistics service in the light of the results of the research. Management, 21(1), 205-222. DOI: 1515/manment-2015-0089
- (n.d.). Logistic customer service – definition. (In Polish). Retrieved May 20, 2021, from https://www.templatka.pl/logistyczna-obsluga-klienta.html#:~:text=Logistyczna
- Carman, J. M. (1990). Consumer perceptions of service quality: an assessment of T. Journal of retailing, 66(1), 33.