Document Type : Research Paper
- Yousef Ravanpeykar 1
- Afsaneh Zamani Moghadam 2
- Seyyed Abdollah Sajadi Jaghargh 3
- Seyyed Ahmad Hashemi 4
- Zeynol Abedin Amini Sabegh 5
1 Department of Management, UAE Branch, Islamic Azad University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
2 Department of Education and Higher Education, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
3 Department of Media Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
4 Department of Educational Sciences, Lamard Branch, Islamic Azad University, Lamard, Iran.
5 Department of Public Administration, Saveh Branch, Islamic Azad University, Saveh, Iran.
The pathology of a competency-based human resource management system results in the managers developing appropriate schedules for employee growth and excellence to gain a competitive advantage. The present study is meant to be an applied study of a descriptive exploratory nature. Information and data gathering involves library and field research making use of interviews and questionnaires. The statistical population of this study is comprised of experts including 10 human resource managers and chief officers, selected using a targeted method. The components were determined and analyzed using the experts' opinions and the Delphi method; furthermore, by implementing the importance-performance analysis, low-performance but high-importance components were categorized in 6 groups of "Human Resource Supply System", "Human Resource Training and Development System", "Human Resource Retention System", "Human Resource Labor Relations System", "Human Resource Performance Management System", "Human Resource Reward System". Moreover, to rectify the problems, the Fuzzy DEMATEL method was implemented with the results showing the "Human Resource Supply System" problem to be the most effective, eventually leading to the problem of "Human Resource Performance Management System", is the most affected. Managers can reach a desirable human resource management system by identifying individuals of professional competence to compete in a dynamic economy.
- Mathews, V. E. (2017). Decentralised human resource management in a district health system: case studies in the Western Cape Province, South Africa (Ph.D Thesis, University of the Western Cape). Retrieved from
- Stark, E., & Poppler, P. (2017). Evolution of a strange pathology: HRM as a strategic business partner and employee advocate in the USA. Employee responsibilities and rights journal, 29(1), 1-14.
- Makhdoumi, P., Amin, A. A., Karimi, H., Pirsaheb, M., Kim, H., & Hossini, H. (2021). Occurrence of microplastic particles in the most popular Iranian bottled mineral water brands and an assessment of human exposure. Journal of water process engineering, 39, 101708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2020.101708
- Urbano, D., & Yordanova, D. (2008). Determinants of the adoption of HRM practices in tourism SMEs in Spain: an exploratory study. Service business, 2(3), 167-185.
- Vu, G. T. H. (2017). A critical review of human resource competency model: Evolvement in required competencies for human resource professionals. Journal of economics, business and management, 5(12), 357-365.
- Prabawati, I., & AOktariyanda, T. (2018). Competency-based training model for human resource management and development in public sector. Journal of physics: conference series(Vol. 953, No. 1, p. 012157). IOP Publishing. DOI: 1088/1742-6596/953/1/012157
- Soltani, M. (2016). A study on the impact of talent management on empowering the West Tehran Tax Administration employees (Master Thesis, Tehran Central Branch, Islamic Azad University). Retrieved from https://ganj.irandoc.ac.ir/#/articles/9f5d70774c4c3c23357ba6a0b4088802
- Kim, K., & Shin, T. H. (2019). Additive effects of performance-and commitment-oriented human resource management systems on organizational outcomes. Sustainability, 11(6), 1679. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11061679
- Gunawan, J., Aungsuroch, Y., & Fisher, M. L. (2019, January). Competence‐based human resource management in nursing: a literature review. Nursing forum, 54(1), 91-101. https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12302
- Atafar, A., & Qandhari, M., Palangi, A. S. (2012). Detection and prioritizing the impact of human resource management systems on human resource productivity (case study: Golestan province water and wastewater company) (Master Thesis, Universit of Esfahan). Retrived from https://elmnet.ir/article/10592961-81961/
- Vaezi, R., Sayed Naghavi, M. A., Hosseinpour, D., & Taji, F. (2020). Competencies pattern of human resources managers for public organizations in the context of globalization. Management studies in development and evolution, 29(96), 9-44.
- French, W. (2006). Human resource management (6th Eds.). Cengage Learning.
- Lloyd, L. B., Leslie, W. R., & Ibrahim, N. (2015). Human resource management (11th Eds.). McGraw-Hill.
- Myar, A. (2017). A study of a human resource management between the employees of the Properties and Lands of Astan Quds Razavi (Master Thesis, Islamic Azad University of Shahroud). Retrieved from https://ganj.irandoc.ac.ir/#/articles/15fb5f20fec144f9c9e80cba2146e55b
- ShahBeigi, M. M. (2013). Design and explanation of a strategic management model for human resource in electric power industry (case study: Khorasan Regional Electricity Company) (Ph.D Thesis, Ferdowsi University). Retrieved from https://www.virascience.com/thesis/670613/
- Milcovich, G., & Newman, J. (2008). Compensation. Irwin Professional Pub.
- Seidu, E., Aryee, S., & Walumbwa, F. (2013). Strategic human resources management and citizenship behavior. In Management in Africa. Routledge https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/edit/10.4324/9780203111482-16/strategic-human-resources-management-citizenship-behavior-emmanuel-seidu-samuel-aryee-fred-walumbwa
- Dalvi Esfahan, M. R. (2010). Human resource management status in selected fields of oil, petrochemical, and steel industries in Iran and representation of a conceptual model of human resource strategic management (Ph.D Thesis, Esfahan University). Retrieved from https://ganj.irandoc.ac.ir/#/articles/425a9d27618f51860a3600a3292d2704
- Woehr, D. J. (2008). On the relationship between job performance and ratings of job performance: what do we really know?. Industrial and organizational psychology, 1(2), 161-166.
- Bernardin, H. J., & Russell, J. E. (2006). Human resource management (p. 736). New York: Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Karimi, A., & Parsafar, E. (2017). The relationship between human resource retention system and organizational commitment of employees (case study: one of the privatized banks). International journal of information science and management, 190, 110-119.
- Wijesiri, N. S., Paranagama, G. S., Sirirwardhana, M. M., Thilakarathna, D. L. N. C., Weerarathna, R. S., & Pathirana, U. P. G. Y. (2019). The impact of HR practices on employee retention; a case of BPO sector, Sri Lanka. International journal of human resource studies, 9(1), 1-21.
- El-Nahas, T., Abd-El-Salam, E. M., & Shawky, A. Y. (2013). The impact of leadership behaviour and organisational culture on job satisfaction and its relationship among organisational commitment and turnover intentions; a case study on an Egyptian company. Journal of business and retail management research, 7(2), 1-31.
- Poór, J., Juhász, T., Machová, R., Bencsik, A., & Bilan, S. (2018). Knowledge management in human resource management: foreign-owned subsidiaries’ practices in four CEE countries. Journal of international studies, 11(3), 295-308.
- Gunawan, J., Aungsuroch, Y., & Fisher, M. L. (2019). Competence‐based human resource management in nursing: a literature review. Nursing forum, 54(11), 91-101. https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12302
- College of Nurses of Ontario. (2014). Competencies for entry-level registered nurse practice. Retrieved from https://13vwko3o6qj4n7kel3qq2j8m-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/CNO-Competency-2014.pdf
- Ulrich, D., Younger, J., Brockbank, W., & Ulrich, M. (2018). [Review of the book HR from the outside in: Six competencies for the future of human resources, by D. Ulrich, J. Younger, W. Brockbank, M. Ulrich]. Journal of management, 37(1), 31-34.
- Lubis, A. S., Absah, Y., & Lumbanraja, P. (2019). Human resource competencies 4.0 for generation z. European journal of human resource management studies, 3(1), 95-105.
- Beatty, C. A. (2019). From HR practitioner to HR leader: competencies required. Retrieved from https://irc.queensu.ca/wp-content/uploads/articles/articles_from-hr-practitioner-to-hr-leader-competencies-required.pdf
- Keykha, A. (2020). Provide a model for the competency of managers at the University of Medical Sciences based on the Theme analysis. Journal of medicine and cultivation, 29(1), 24-36. (In Persian). http://www.tebvatazkiye.ir/article_119010.html?lang=en
- Seyed Ali Routeh, Z. (2012). Human resource management pathology of Iran’s hotel industry (case study: four- and five-star hotels in Tehran) (Master Thesis, Allameh Tabataba’I University). Retrieved from https://www.virascience.com/thesis/572920/
- Jafari, H. (2017). Human resource management pathology based on the gender variable (case study: Fars Regional Water Authority) (Master Thesis, Payam-E-Noor University). Retrieved from https://ganj.irandoc.ac.ir/#/articles/d155ba247f9e84a9776e8773917e8bf0
- Sanjabi, S. S. (2012). Pathology and study of effective factors in the success of a proposal system (case study: SAIPA Corporation) (Master Thesis, Azad Tehran Central Branch, Islamic Azad University). Retrieved from https://elmnet.ir
- Kuo, D., Licon, K., Bandyopadhyay, S., Chuang, R., Luo, C., Catalana, J., ... & Ideker, T. (2010). Coevolution within a transcriptional network by compensatory trans and cis mutations. Genome research, 20(12), 1672-1678.
- Nouri Qeshlaqi, A. (2017). Human resource management system pathology of Shahid Beheshti university using FPSS. (Master Thesis, Shahid Beheshti University). Retrieved from https://library.sbu.ac.ir/faces/search/universal/uniResultSearch.jspx?_afPfm=-m18ny4qdd
- Rahmani, H., Rajabi Vasoukalayi, Q., Saeedpour, J., Rezaee, M., Nikan, S., & Khosravi, B. (2017). Human resource pathology of Imam Khomeini Hospital based on the three-part model. Jhosp, 16(4), 35-41. (In Persian). http://jhosp.tums.ac.ir/article-1-5731-fa.html
- Iranzadeh, S., & Zanjani, S. (2016). The competence model needed by human resource managers and experts in the Gas Company of East Azarbaijan Province using ISM technique. Strategic studies in the oil and energy industry, 8(30), 27-50. (In Persian). http://iieshrm.ir/article-1-72-fa.html
- Sanjaqi, M. E., Farrahi Bozajani, B., Shams Ahmar, M. (2011). Pathology of a human resource retention system with a strategic approach and presenting the appropriate model (case study of a defense organization). Scientific quarterly journal of defense strategy, 9(34), 27-54. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/fa/journal/ViewPaper.aspx?id=151932
- Rabiee, S. E. (2010). Human resource management pathology with the goal of improvement and development. First national conference on management. (In Persian). https://civilica.com/doc/97363/
- Keegan, A., Ringhofer, C., & Huemann, M. (2018). Human resource management and project based organizing: Fertile ground, missed opportunities and prospects for closer connections. International journal of project management, 36(1), 121-133.
- Saeed, B. B., & Wang, W. (2014), Sustainability embedded organizational diagnostic model. Modern economy, 5(4), 424-431. DOI: 4236/me.2014.54041
- Kidombo, H. J., K’obonyo, P., & Gakuu, C. M. (2012). Human resource strategic orientation and organizational commitment in Kenyan manufacturing firms. International journal of arts and commerce, 1(7), 7-28.
- Akunda, D., Chen, Z., & Gikiri, S. N. (2018). Role of HRM in talent retention with evidence. Journal of management and strategy, 9(2), 8-19.
- Anderson, R. (2007). The matic content analysis (TCA): descriptive presentation of qualitative data, Institute of Transper sonal Psychology. Retrived from https://rosemarieanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ThematicContentAnalysis.pdf
- Özdemir, S., Akatay, A., & Eroğlu, U. (2015). Competencies of HR professionals: a study on the HR competencies of university students. Journal of life economics, 2(4), 47-60.
- Najafi, R. (2017). Compilation of a managers’ competence model for Dezfoul Municipality (Master Thesis, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz). Retrieved from https://ganj.irandoc.ac.ir/#/articles/923c7d8b64b51623fdcfdf3842f852f6
- Edwards, A. (2009). Competency modeling as an antecedent for effective leadership development and succession planning within the public social services environment. Alliant International University, Marshall Goldsmith School of Management, Fresno
- Bates, R. A., & Phelan, K. C. (2002). Characteristic of a globally competitive workforce. Journal of advances in developing human resource, 4(2), 121-135. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1523422302004002003
- Liu, H. C., Jeng, B. C., Mai, Y. T., Jheng, Y. D., & Lin, H. T. (2014). Design of online survey system with an advanced IPA discrimination index for customer satisfaction assessment. Electronic commerce research, 14(3), 223-243.
- Soner, O. (2021). Application of fuzzy DEMATEL method for analysing of accidents in enclosed spaces onboard ships. Ocean engineering, 220, 108507. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2020.108507
- Safari, A., Farrokhi, M., & Salehzadeh, R. (2015). Pathology of human resource systems. Annals of applied sport science, 7(1), 83-111. (In Persian). https://hrmj.ihu.ac.ir/article_13569.html?lang=en