Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Information Technology Management, Faculty of Management, Electronic Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Management, Electronic Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
Department of Industrial Management, Faculty of Management and Economics, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran.
The aim of analyzing passengers' behavioral patterns is providing support for transportation management. In other words, to improve services like scheduling, evacuation policies, and marketing, it is essential to understand spatial and temporal patterns of passengers' trips. Smart Card Automated Fare Collection System (SCAFCS) makes it possible to utilize data mining tools for the purpose of passengers' behavioral pattern analysis. The specific goal of this research is to obtain functional information for passenger's behavioral pattern analysis in city express bus which is called BRT, and classification of passengers to improve performance of bus fast transportation system. Additionally, it is attempted to predict usage and traffic status in a line through predicting passenger's behavior in a bus line. In this paper, smart card data is applied to provide combinational algorithms for clustering and analysis based on data mining. To this end, we have used a combination of data mining methods and particle swarm optimisation algorithm and leveraged multivariate time series prediction to estimate behavioral patterns. Results show that price and compression ratio features are the most influencing features in the separability of transportation smart card data. According to obtained Pareto front, four features include a card identification number, bus identification number, bus line number, and charge times are influencing clustering criteria.
- Soltani, A. (2012). Public transportation in response to a common challenge in developing countries. Quarterly report of Fars province building engineering organization, 16(55), 1-71. https://www.fceo.ir/NewsShow.Aspx?NewsId=Boxn5Q5U4vUN3ZVhMBrxgA
- Poorahmad, A., Omranzadeh, B. (2012). Evaluating and presenting strategies for developing the BRT transportation system in the metropolis of Tehran using the SWOT model. Quarterly journal of urban research and planning, 3(11), 17-36. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/paper/220118/fa
- Guo, J. Y., & Bhat, C. R. (2001). Representation and analysis plan and data needs analysis for the activity-travel system(No. 0-4080-1). University of Texas at Austin. Center for Transportation Research. https://rosap.ntl.bts.gov/view/dot/4865
- Jabbari, E., & Saeedi, S. (2018). Solving the public transportation problem using linear programming and hybrid PS-ACO meta-heuristic method. Journal of transportation engineering, 11(2), 353-371. (In Persian). https://www.magiran.com/paper/2072392?lang=en
- Momeni, E., & Darvishzadeh, M. M. (2017). Investigating the nature and dimensions of passenger lines and the feasibility of using high-speed bus lines simultaneously with it in Tehran. Rahvar research studies, 6(23), 43-72. (In Persian). https://ecc.isc.ac/showJournal/25525/101776/1316268
- Tavakoli Kashani, A., Mansoori Kargar, H. (2015). The effect of bus Drivers behavior of Tehran Branch Company on urban accidents. Rahvar research studies, 5(16), 39-62. (In Persian). https://www.noormags.ir
- Ahmadvand, A. M., Mohammadiani, Z., and Khodadadi, H. (2015). Dynamic modeling of sustainable urban transportation system in order to improve and improve traffic. Management research in Iran, 19(2), 52-31. (In Persian). http://ensani.ir/fa/article/download/345444
- Pelletier, M. P., Trépanier, M., & Morency, C. (2011). Smart card data use in public transit: a literature review. Transportation research part c: emerging technologies, 19(4), 557-568.
- Agard, B., Partovi Nia, V., & Trépanier, M. (2013). Assessing public transport travel behaviour from smart card data with advanced data mining techniques. World conference on transport research(Vol. 13, pp. 15-18). http://datawisdom.ca/paper/2013-Transport.pdf
- Agard, B., Morency, C., & Trépanier, M. (2006). Mining public transport user behaviour from smart card data. IFAC Proceedings volumes, 39(3), 399-404.
- Dzikrullah, F., Setiawan, N. A., & Sulistyo, S. (2016). Implementation of scalable k-means++ clustering for passengers temporal pattern analysis in public transportation system (BRT Trans Jogja case study). 6th international annual engineering seminar (InAES)(pp. 78-83). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/INAES.2016.7821911
- Ma, X. L., Wang, Y. H., Chen, F., & Liu, J. F. (2012). Transit smart card data mining for passenger origin information extraction. Journal of Zhejiang university science C, 13(10), 750-760. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.C12a0049
- Ma, X., & Wang, Y. (2014). Development of a data-driven platform for transit performance measures using smart card and GPS data. Journal of transportation engineering, 140(12), 04014063. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000714
- Isaacman, S., Becker, R., Cáceres, R., Kobourov, S., Rowland, J., & Varshavsky, A. (2010). A tale of two cities. Proceedings of the eleventh workshop on mobile computing systems & applications(pp. 19-24). https://doi.org/10.1145/1734583.1734589
- Alfred Chu, K. K., Chapleau, R., & Trepanier, M. (2009). Driver-assisted bus interview: Passive transit travel survey with smart card automatic fare collection system and applications. Transportation research record, 2105(1), 1-10.
- Park, J. Y., Kim, D. J., & Lim, Y. (2008). Use of smart card data to define public transit use in Seoul, South Korea. Journal of the transportation research record, 2063(1), 3-9. https://doi.org/10.3141/2063-01
- Trépanier, M., & Morency, C. (2010). Assessing transit loyalty with smart card data. 12th World Conference on Transport Research. Lisbon. Portugal. https://www.researchgate.net
- Trépanier, M., Morency, C., & Agard, B. (2009). Calculation of transit performance measures using smartcard data. Journal of public transportation, 12(1), 79-96.
- Trépanier, M., Tranchant, N., & Chapleau, R. (2007). Individual trip destination estimation in a transit smart card automated fare collection system. Journal of intelligent transportation systems, 11(1), 1-14.
- Trépanier, M., & Vassiviere, F. (2008). Democratized smartcard data for transit operator. 15th world congress on intelligent transport systems and its America's 2008 annual meetingits americaerticoits japantranscore. New York NY, United States.
- Ahn, J., & Han, R. (2013). Personalized behavior pattern recognition and unusual event detection for mobile users. Mobile information systems, 9(2), 99-122. DOI: 3233/MIS-130155
- Yan, N., & Au, O. T. S. (2019). Online learning behavior analysis based on machine learning. Asian association of open universities journal, 14(2), 97-106
- Osoba, O., & Davis, P. K. (2019). An artificial intelligence/machine learning perspective on social simulation: New data and new challenges. Social‐behavioral modeling for complex systems, 443-476. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119485001.ch19
- Ceja, E. G. (2021). Behavior analysis with machine learning using R. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Aliahmadi, A., Jafari-Eskandari, M., Mozafari, A., & Nozari, H. (2016). Comparing linear regression and artificial neural networks to forecast total productivity growth in Iran. International journal of information, business and management, 8(1), 93-113.
- Udoka, C. G. (2020). The impact of passenger's traffic on exchange rate and economic growth in Nigerian aviation industry. International journal of research in industrial engineering, 9(4), 364-378.
- Habibi, R. (2021). Poisson regression model with change points. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 8(Special Issue), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.22105/jarie.2021.229051.1149
- Coello, C. A. C., Lamont, G. B., & Van Veldhuizen, D. A. (2007). Evolutionary algorithms for solving multi-objective problems(Vol. 5, pp. 79-104). New York: Springer. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-0-387-36797-2