Document Type : Research Paper
1 Khuzestan Gas Company, Ahwaz, Iran.
2 Department of Industrial Engineering, Facuty of Mechanical Engineering, Jundi-Shapur University of Technology, Dezful, Iran.
The main purpose of this study is to identify the delay factors and evaluate the type ranking of delays in natural gas distribution projects. We have investigated 274 projects in Khuzestan gas company from 2015 to 2020. Projects investigated in this study included urban, rural, transmission lines, industrial pipelines, and construction. We identified 22 delay factors and categorized them into owner, contractor, and other related factors. This research shows that Most of the delay factors are related to owner causes. In addition to identifying the factors, this study also deals with the extent of their relationship. In addition to identifying the delay factors, this study also deals with the extent of their relationship. We showed that delay factors may not be independent and there is a significant association between them. These Relations clearly showed that reduction or elimination of many delay factors lead to eliminating many others. The findings of the research were validated and implemented by company experts.
- Adam, A., Josephson, P. E. B., & Lindahl, G. (2017). Aggregation of factors causing cost overruns and time delays in large public construction projects: trends and implications. Engineering, construction and architectural management, 24(3), 393-406.
- Al-Momani, A. H. (2000). Construction delay: a quantitative analysis. International journal of project management, 18(1), 51-59.
- Ansah, R. H., & Sorooshian, S. (2018). 4P delays in project management. Engineering, constructionand architectural management, 25(1), 62-76.
- Assaf, S. A., & Al-Hejji, S. (2006). Causes of delay in large construction projects. International journal of project management, 24(4), 349-357.
- Chan, D. W., & Kumaraswamy, M. M. (2002). Compressing construction durations: lessons learned from Hong Kong building projects. International journal of project management, 20(1), 23-35.
- Durdyev, S., & Hosseini, M. R. (2019). Causes of delays on construction projects: a comprehensive list. International journal of managing projects in business, 13(1), 20-46.
- Abd El-Razek, M. E., Bassioni, H. A., & Mobarak, A. M. (2008). Causes of delay in building construction projects in Egypt. Journal of construction engineering and management, 134(11), 831-841.
- Fallahnejad, M. H. (2013). Delay causes in Iran gas pipeline projects. International journal of project management, 31(1), 136-146.
- Frimpong, Y., Oluwoye, J., & Crawford, L. (2003). Causes of delay and cost overruns in construction of groundwater projects in a developing countries; Ghana as a case study. International journal of project management, 21(5), 321-326.
- Jaferi, F., Sajadi, S. M., Alinaghian, M., & Beyranvand, M. (2014). Investigation of project risk management in project-based organizations using the PMBOK guideline case study: national gas company of Lorestan province. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 1(2), 50-58.
- Johnson, J. W., & LeBreton, J. M. (2004). History and use of relative importance indices in organizational research. Organizational research methods, 7(3), 238-257.
- Kazaz, A., Ulubeyli, S., & Tuncbilekli, N. A. (2012). Causes of delays in construction projects in Turkey. Journal of civil engineering and management, 18(3), 426-435.
- Kendall, M. G. (1970). Rank correlation methods. Charles Griffin.
- Sambasivan, M., & Soon, Y. W. (2007). Causes and effects of delays in Malaysian construction industry. International journal of project management, 25(5), 517-526.
- Nurprihatin, F., Octa, A., Regina, T., Wijaya, T., Luin, J., & Tannady, H. (2019). The extension analysis of natural gas network location-routing design through the feasibility study. Journal of applied research on industrial engineering, 6(2), 108-124.
- Orangi, A., Palaneeswaran, E., & Wilson, J. (2011). Exploring delays in Victoria-based Astralian pipeline projects. Procedia engineering, 14, 874-881.
- Mohammed, R. M. M., & Suliman, S. M. A. (2019). Delay in pipeline construction projects in the oil and gas industry: part 1 (risk mapping of delay factors). International journal of construction engineering and management, 8(1), 24-35.
- Shahsavand, P., Marefat, A., & Parchamijalal, M. (2018). Causes of delays in construction industry and comparative delay analysis techniques with SCL protocol. Engineering, construction and architectural management, 25(4), 497-533.
- Tafazzoli, M., & Shrestha, P. P. (2018). Investigating causes of delay in U.S. construction projects. 53rd ASC annual international conference proceeding (pp. 611-621). Washington State University. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316794271_Investigating_
- Tumi, S. A. H., Omran, A., & Pakir, A. H. K. (2009, November). Causes of delay in construction industry in Libya. The international conference on economics and administration(pp. 265-272). Faculty of Administration and Business, University of Bucharest, Romania.