Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Information Technology and Operations Management, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran.
Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Department of Industrial Engineering, Ershad University of Damavand, Tehran, Iran.
Although the importance of supply chain agility considering the necessity of speed of action, response to customers, progressive changes in the market, consumers’ needs, etc. in many industries is clear both scientifically and experimentally, today organizations have found that the benefit from this cooperation is greater than cases performed without collaboration with relevant organizations. Meanwhile, supply chain management refers to integration of all processes and activities in the supply chain through improving the relations and implementing the organizational processes in order to achieve competitive advantages. On the other hand, uncertainty in the supply chain results in non-optimality of decisions that are made with assumption of certainty. Accordingly, the main aim of this research is to provide a model for supply chain in an agile and flexible state based on uncertainty variables. The method of research has been based on a mathematical model, whose stages of implementation are investigated by breaking down this model step-by-step. For this purpose, in the first stage and after getting familiar with the intended modeling industry, solution and simulation were done. Eventually the results were compared indicating that through reducing the risk-taking (increasing the protection levels), the objective function which was of minimization type worsened. This study also showed that model robustification is very important in order to reduce the risk of decision-making.
- Hoseininezhad, F., Makui, A., & Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R. (2021). Pre-positioning of a relief chain in humanitarian logistics under uncertainty in road accidents: a real-case study. South African journal of industrial engineering, 32(1), 86-104.
- Zhao, N., & You, F. (2021). New York State's 100% renewable electricity transition planning under uncertainty using a data-driven multistage adaptive robust optimization approach with machine-learning. Advances in applied energy, 2, 100019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adapen.2021.100019
- Zhao, J., Wu, B., & Ke, G. Y. (2021). A bi-objective robust optimization approach for the management of infectious wastes with demand uncertainty during a pandemic. Journal of cleaner production, 314, 127922. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.127922
- Janatyan, N., Zandieh, M., Alem-Tabriz, A., & Rabieh, M. (2021). A robust optimization model for sustainable pharmaceutical distribution network design: a case study. Annals of operations research, 1-20. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10479-020-03900-5#citeas
- Bertsimas, D., & Sim, M. (2004). The price of robustness. Operations research, 52(1), 35-53.
- Gong, J., & You, F. (2018). Resilient design and operations of process systems: nonlinear adaptive robust optimization model and algorithm for resilience analysis and enhancement. Computers & chemical engineering, 116, 231-252.
- Baringo, A., & Baringo, L. (2016). A stochastic adaptive robust optimization approach for the offering strategy of a virtual power plant. IEEE transactions on power systems, 32(5), 3492-3504.
- Bruni, M. E., Pugliese, L. D. P., Beraldi, P., & Guerriero, F. (2017). An adjustable robust optimization model for the resource-constrained project scheduling problem with uncertain activity durations. Omega, 71, 66-84.
- Wang, L., Li, Q., Ding, R., Sun, M., & Wang, G. (2017). Integrated scheduling of energy supply and demand in microgrids under uncertainty: a robust multi-objective optimization approach. Energy, 130, 1-14.
- Kropat, E., Meyer-Nieberg, S., & Weber, G. W. (2019). Computational networks and systems–homogenization of variational problems on micro-architectured networks and devices. Optimization methods and software, 34(3), 586-611.
- Yang, G. Q., Liu, Y. K., & Yang, K. (2015). Multi-objective biogeography-based optimization for supply chain network design under uncertainty. Computers & industrial engineering, 85, 145-156.
- Apornak, A., & Hezaveh, M. A. (2019). Extension of the model of manufacturing supply chain quality management: an empirical study. International journal of productivity and quality management, 28(4), 417-437.
- Apornak, A., Raissi, S., Keramati, A., & Khalili-Damghani, K. (2019). A simulation modelling approach to improve waiting time for outpatients of hospital emergency department. International journal of knowledge management in tourism and hospitality, 2(2), 160-171.
- Goli, A., Khademi-Zare, H., Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, R., Sadeghieh, A., Sasanian, M., & Malekalipour Kordestanizadeh, R. (2021). An integrated approach based on artificial intelligence and novel meta-heuristic algorithms to predict demand for dairy products: a case study. Network: computation in neural systems, 32(1), 1-35.
- Baryannis, G., Validi, S., Dani, S., & Antoniou, G. (2019). Supply chain risk management and artificial intelligence: state of the art and future research directions. International journal of production research, 57(7), 2179-2202.
- Pourhassan, M. R., Raissi, S., & Apornak, A. (2021). Modeling multi-state system reliability analysis in a power station under fatal and nonfatal shocks: a simulation approach. International journal of quality & reliability management, 38(10), 2080-2094.
- Keramati, A., Apornak, A., Abedi, H., Otrodi, F., & Roudneshin, M. (2018). The effect of service recovery on customers' satisfaction in e-banking: an empirical investigation. International journal of business information systems, 29(4), 459-484.
- Ahmadizadeh-Tourzani, N., Keramati, A., & Apornak, A. (2018). Supplier selection model using QFD-ANP methodology under fuzzy multi-criteria environment. International journal of productivity and quality management, 24(1), 59-83.
- Ivanov, D., Dolgui, A., Sokolov, B., & Ivanova, M. (2017). Literature review on disruption recovery in the supply chain. International journal of production research, 55(20), 6158-6174.
- Vahdani, B., & Mohammadi, M. (2015). A bi-objective interval-stochastic robust optimization model for designing closed loop supply chain network with multi-priority queuing system. International journal of production economics, 170, 67-87.
- Ning, C., & You, F. (2017). Data‐driven adaptive nested robust optimization: general modeling framework and efficient computational algorithm for decision making under uncertainty. AIChE journal, 63(9), 3790-3817.
- Shang, C., & You, F. (2018). Distributionally robust optimization for planning and scheduling under uncertainty. Computers & chemical engineering, 110, 53-68.
- Zhao, S., & You, F. (2019). Resilient supply chain design and operations with decision‐dependent uncertainty using a data‐driven robust optimization approach. AIChE journal, 65(3), 1006-1021.
- Hosseini-Motlagh, S. M., Samani, M. R. G., & Homaei, S. (2020). Blood supply chain management: robust optimization, disruption risk, and blood group compatibility (a real-life case). Journal of ambient intelligence and humanized computing, 11(3), 1085-1104.
- Violi, A., Laganá, D., & Paradiso, R. (2020). The inventory routing problem under uncertainty with perishable products: an application in the agri-food supply chain. Soft computing, 24(18), 13725-13740.
- Tordecilla, R. D., Juan, A. A., Montoya-Torres, J. R., Quintero-Araujo, C. L., & Panadero, J. (2021). Simulation-optimization methods for designing and assessing resilient supply chain networks under uncertainty scenarios: a review. Simulation modelling practice and theory, 106, 102166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2020.102166
- Goli, A., Tirkolaee, E. B., & Aydın, N. S. (2021). Fuzzy integrated cell formation and production scheduling considering automated guided vehicles and human factors. IEEE transactions on fuzzy systems, 29(12), 3686-3695.
- Tirkolaee, E. B., Goli, A., & Mardani, A. (2021). A novel two-echelon hierarchical location-allocation-routing optimization for green energy-efficient logistics systems. Annals of operations research, 1-29. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10479-021-04363-y
- Chouhan, V. K., Khan, S. H., & Hajiaghaei-Keshteli, M. (2021). Metaheuristic approaches to design and address multi-echelon sugarcane closed-loop supply chain network. Soft computing, 25(16), 11377-11404.
- Tirkolaee, E. B., Goli, A., Gütmen, S., Weber, G. W., & Szwedzka, K. (2022). A novel model for sustainable waste collection arc routing problem: pareto-based algorithms. Annals of operations research, 1-26. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10479-021-04486-2
- Apornak, A., Raissi, S., & Pourhassan, M. R. (2021). Solving flexible flow-shop problem using a hybrid multi criteria Taguchi based computer simulation model and DEA approach. Journal of industrial and systems engineering, 13(2), 264-276.
- Shannon, P. W., Krumwiede, K. R., & Street, J. N. (2010). Using simulation to explore lean manufacturing implementation strategies. Journal of management education, 34(2), 280-302.
- Chen, S., Du, J., He, W., & Siponen, M. (2022). Supply chain finance platform evaluation based on acceptability analysis. International journal of production economics, 243, 108350. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2021.108350
- Ben-Tal, A., & Nemirovski, A. (2002). Robust optimization–methodology and applications. Mathematical programming, 92, 453-480.
- Shannon, R. E. (1998). Introduction to the art and science of simulation. 1998 winter simulation conference, proceedings (cat. no. 98ch36274)(Vol. 1, pp. 7-14). IEEE.